Press release -
Interim financial report for Q4 2020/Annual Report just released
Per Kogut, CEO at NNIT comments:
“NNIT concluded 2020 in line with the financial guidance. Q4 contributed an organic double digit, profitable growth within the Life Sciences International business. The acquisition of Excellis positively added further growth. As expected, the Novo Nordisk Group impacted growth and margin development negatively, and the P&P business contracted partly due to the COVID-19 situation. We have focused on the execution of the set strategy in the challenging times of 2020 and are looking forward to a hopefully more normalized 2021.”
- Group revenue decreased by 6.5% to DKK 749m in comparison to Q4 2019. Positively, revenue from Life Sciences International increased by 37% (24% organic) to DKK 136m whilst revenue from Life Sciences Denmark increased by 6.3% to DKK 67m.
- NNIT acquired US-based Excellis Health Solutionson 9 November 2020, thereby strengthening the Group’s customer portfolio across the global pharma and biotech industries as well as enhancing its ability to provide end-to-end life sciences IT services to all customers.
- NNIT secured significant wins in Q4:
- End-to-end IT services including application maintenance and infrastructure operations for Orifarm.
- Extension of Veeva Vault Safety implementation related to COVID-19 vaccine development and production for AstraZeneca.
- Re-win of Microsoft Dynamics AX support agreement for Pandora.
- Veeva Regulatory Information Management (RIM) for a global top-10 life sciences company.
- Revenue from the Novo Nordisk Groupdeclined as expected by 12% compared to Q4 2019. The share of NNIT’s revenue from customers outside the Novo Nordisk Group was 72% compared to 70% in Q4 2019
- The COVID-19 situationcontinued to impact performance in Q4 2020 with uncertainty leading to delays of tenders and projects.
- Operating profit marginbefore special itemswas at 7.3% compared to 10% in Q4 2019
- Net profitwasatDKK 18m compared to DKK 58m in Q4 2019 due to a lower operating profit, increase in special items and adjustment of an earn-out agreement
Outlook for 2021
In 2021, growth is expected to return driven by Life SciencesInternational and traction in Winning Solutions. The Private & Public segment is expected to be challenged by delays in project work and tenders partly due to the COVID-19 situation.Therefore, we see significant guidance sensitivities despite having secured a solid backlog. Our guidance for 2021 is specified as follows in reported currencies:
- Revenue growth of 1-4%.
- Operating profit margin before special items of 6-7%.
- Level of investment (CAPEX) is 5-7%.
Together we make a mark in business and society; bringing digital transformation to life
The NNIT Group provides a wide range of IT and consulting servicesto the world. Supporting the entire supply chain, we help optimize internal company processes, production and sales as well as delivery to customers. We are experts in supporting the world’s most regulated industries subject to strict governance of processes, quality and data management and documentation – and in guiding them on their digital journey.
The Group consists of group company NNIT A/S and the subsidiaries Valiance, SCALES and Excellis Health Solutions. Together, these companies employ over 3,000 people, primarily in Europe, Asia and the USA.
In Denmark, where the Group HQ is based, we are one of the leading IT consultancies, servicing both private and public sector customers across all industries. In the rest of Europe, USA and Asia, we are solely focused on companies within life sciences.
Read more at www.nnit.com